Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pounding Scotland by the Angle

I ran the Great Winter Run (5k, around Holyrood Park, remember) on Saturday in what appeared to be under 25 minutes, thanks to a very focused training regime (running uphill steeply for 25 minutes every other day) and an inspirational medley of Genesis MP3s that reflected the course and its challenges. That's the hard one out of the way - on now to the 10k, half marathon, and marathon that will occupy my legs until Summer. They're longer, but crucially, flatter. The races, that is, not my legs.

The picture above is me the following day, taking it more gently above the Water of Leith near home. Note my massive thighs. If my torso looks equally massive, that's just because I'm wearing four layers of clothing, and not, I stress, because I eat too much.

No comments: