Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Closing Credit!

I feel quite euphoric. I recently learned that a documentary feature on the latest Doctor Who DVD (Survival - BBCDVD1834 - April) had incorporated a piece I wrote for Doctor Who Magazine in 1997. That was called 27 Up and combined research on how the series might have continued after 1989 with some fanciful extrapolation. The DVD documentary has been produced by my friend Richard, but he brilliantly kept my involvement as a surprise, and the first I found about it was an interview with him in the latest issue of the magazine.

I love seeing my name in print. I would be lying if I said it wasn't one of the best things about dabbling in journalism and fiction. But I've never expected to see it on telly, least of all typeset and composited into the actual closing credits of Doctor Who! Brilliant!

No comments: