- I no longer drink alcohol: my last drink was on January 8 2005
- Helen and I have been married for two years
- I still work as an IT consultant in Edinburgh, almost exclusively for a large financial group
I visited my family this weekend, and my father was enquiring about my pastimes. He seemed oddly unnerved that all I do is work and house-husbanding. I haven't done anything creative at a keyboard (either with letters or with notes) for about 18 months. I am far more a creature of routine and habit than ever before. If there's a guiding principle, it's "Do fewer things, better". I'm succeeding at the first part of this admirably.
If I manage to maintain this blog, then future topics might include:
- Life laundering
- Memoirs by broadcasters
- Ethical living 1: Liberation from petrol
- Ethical living 2: Why you don't need to fly
- Having a lodger
- On reaching 40
- Radio 4 in the 21st Century
You can't bloody wait, can you? Eh?