Thursday, February 12, 2004

A biblically long day. Up at 5:15 to get in early. Some hot IT action today, which gave me some good experience for next time I'm on call. Quite exciting, really. I still want to be a carpenter or an electrician. When I expressed the wish to do a more honest job last night, Helen observed that it would bring me into contact with the public and I wouldn't like that. She has a point. It's quite safe in here with the other geeks and weirdos.

I would have knocked off by now but I'm in an excruciatingly unengaging telephone conference now. I will be so happy to leave and read Eats, Shoots and Leaves on the train home and then go for a swim.

Tonight's project, I have decided, will be to tidy and clean the freezer. There may be a lot of ice I have to use up in a hurry as a result. It would be a shame to let it go to waste. And I am a Friend of Gordon's, after all.

I started feeling very sorry for myself during an Olympian ironing session last night. I normally love ironing but I was watching an episode of The Prisoner (A, B & C) which was not as thrilling as others have been. I'm feeling really tired a lot of the time.

No comments: