Tuesday, January 14, 2003

As the bus went into town, Helen was subjected to what can only be described as an outbreak of Tourette's Syndrome. I twitched, yelped, cursed, moaned, and sighed. As far as I am concerned, that was the worst thing that has happened to me in a very long time.

Would you react like me? What do you think is different about me to make me have these tics? It's getting worse. I think I may have spent so much of my life under the influence of alcohol, when there is no such thing as shame, that I just haven't learned how to deal with having done or said something I wish I hadn't.

So - I suppose the way forward is to drink less (again) or possibly sign up for a class on Making a Complete Arse Of Yourself But Not Caring About it (Guest motivational speaker: Dee, from "Wife Swap").

No comments: